Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A picture that changed the world!

 I like to take photographs but I think that I am not a good photographer.  I have gone to a lot of exhibitions on “Bellas Artes” museum and they are very interesting. One of this exhibitions was about old people, it’s was amazing and the pictures reflected the whole story of life of persons.  About the presentations, I prefer the pictures on black and white but when they are about landscapes, of course that the color is the best.
I have a digital camera and when I travel I always have it with me.  I would like to have a professional camera and take a course about photography.  I like take pictures about landscapes, but one of the things that I like the most is take pictures of people, the face, the position of the body and see the emotions that they show in front of the camera. If I were a photographer I would like to take pictures of painted bodies but also be the artist who painted the body.
It is a picture that, to me, is really illustrative of the big discrimination problem that was the “Apartheid” In Africa. I don’t know if I like this picture but at least represents the importance of the photography to immortalize important process of world history. Simply, the photography is one of the most important invents of world and make me possible to remember good moments with friends, family and others.
This picture was taken in North Carolina in 1950 and it shows a black man drinks at segregated water fountains. The photographer was Elliott Erwitt of a magazine called Magnum. This picture represents a part of the famous collection “The pictures that changed the world”. I like this picture for the story that represents but is really sad to watch it, represents the misery of the humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment